QUIZ MEISTERS WEEKLY SHOWS
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Quiz Meisters will arrange for a trained Quiz Meisters host to come to your venue and present a new quiz each week.
Our hosts are a fun bunch, but are trained to present professionally, as they are the face of Quiz Meisters. The host will arrive at the venue with ample time prior to the start of the quiz to set up the audio visual (A/V) equipment and to do a sound check.
A Quiz Meisters quiz usually runs for approximately 2 hours; however, shorter quizzes/quiz times are available upon request. Quiz Meisters will provide the quiz questions, answer sheets, and will advise the venue on how to provide the best possible A/V set up.
Quiz Meisters will provide a standardized marketing pack with posters and digital material to help advertise the quiz in your venue and on social media. If you require further marketing material, we can provide it, at your expense.
Remember: the more we spread the word, the more likely we are to get bums on seats!
Quiz Meisters will endeavour not to host any other quizzes or events within 1km/10 minutes’ walking distance of your quiz venue, on the same night as your quiz. We cannot, however, guarantee this. Experience has taught us that it works better for venues for Quiz Meisters to be running shows in their nearby venues on other nights then for a competing trivia company to do so.
We will do our utmost to endeavour to:
- provide our quizzes with all the skill, care and diligence to be expected from a qualified, competent and experienced quiz provider;
- ensure that the quizzes are carried out by our employees or agents who are properly trained, experienced and accredited to run the quiz;
- act in your best interests in connection with these terms and conditions; and
provide the quizzes in a timely and efficient manner, and meet all reasonable deadlines set by you, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
You are responsible for your conduct and ensuring that you comply with these terms and conditions.
In particular, you must:
- co-operate with us as we reasonably require;
- not book any other company to provide quizzes at your venue throughout your engagement with us;
- provide the information and documentation that we reasonably require;
- on request, make available to us such facilities as we reasonably require;
- ensure that our staff, employees and contractors are provided with a safe working environment;
- ensure that your staff and agents co-operate with and assist us; and
- ensure that the use by us or any person authorised by us of any material will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any person or give rise to any obligation on our behalf (or any person authorised by us) to pay compensation or royalty to any person;
- ensure that the information and material provided by you to us is accurate and true.
Should you require any changes to the way we run the quizzes for you, then please let us know.
It is a requirement that you organise venue/bar vouchers for first and second prizes. Please discuss other prize ideas that may generate interest with your rep.
There are also four games included in the quiz that you are required to supply smaller prizes. Please discuss ideas for prizes with you rep.
CHARGES AND PAYMENT
To receive a reduced price for the weekly quiz, venues are required to pay via direct debit. If your venue is not willing or able to pay via direct debit, you will receive post-paid invoices on 7 day terms.
Weekly Discounted Direct Debit
To set up a Direct Debit, you have to fill out a GoCardless Form which can be found at the end of our New Venue form or can be emailed by contacting your state rep.
Please note that these funds may not leave your account until the middle of the week after the preceding quiz night.
ELIGIBILITY FOR DISCOUNTS
To receive the discounts currently on offer, venues are required to pay via direct debit and have a HDMI video setup. The discounts are only available to venues that have no outstanding invoices from before COVID-lockdown.
THE WEEKLY QUIZ IS FREE TO YOUR PUNTERS
Pub trivia is traditionally a free event at venues in Australia. Venues have tried to charge patrons to play trivia and, in our experience, this has never worked as there is always a free trivia night nearby!
Quiz Meisters must be free for your clientele to play at your venue. The purpose of a trivia night is to bring punters in for an event at your venue, which will drive food and beverage sales. (Please note: fundraising events are a different kettle of fish. Please contact us if you’re interested in hosting a fundraising trivia event at your venue.)
If you require a show on a public holiday, there will be a $36 surcharge. We pay our hosts under the Amusement Award, so their pay is increased by $65 on public holidays. We’re splitting that with you.
FRIDAY/SATURDAY/SUNDAY WEEKLY SHOWS
Due to both the difficulty of finding a host who will commit to a show on these nights as well as the obligations to our employees under the Amusement Award, there will be a $65 surcharge for weekly shows on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays. Their pay will be increased to incentivise hosting on those nights and meet award obligations.
If the weekly quiz can’t go ahead at your venue for some reason (for example: venue closure or another event is booked), please provide us with as much notice as possible.
There is no cancellation fee if you advise us more than 24 hours prior to the scheduled quiz night. If you cancel within 24 hours of the scheduled quiz night or cancel due to low attendance, we will charge you a $110 cancellation fee.
If a quiz night is booked on a public holiday, but there is a no show due to no punters turning up, you will be required to pay $165 for that particular quiz night (to cover the host’s public holiday wages).
Quiz Meisters requires two weeks’ notice, in writing, of cessation of the weekly quiz at your venue, and the venue will be charged in full for both shows. This enables Quiz Meisters hosts to let the punters know the quiz will be discontinued, and often the regular punters make a special trip to your venue for the last quiz (which can only mean more takings for your business).
In the unlikely event of the termination of the weekly quiz within a month of starting, we will charge $110 for each site visit made by the rep to set up the AV equipment. If any marketing materials have been printed, we will charge the venue the amount invoiced by our printer, and the amount paid for any online marketing.
For any venue that falls into arrears with their payments, we reserve the right to pursue those outstanding debts utilising appropriate agencies. All costs associated with this will be passed on to the organisation responsible for the outstanding invoices.
We have already made a number of changes to our show in order to adhere to Covid-19 policies around Australia.
- We now require that players bring their own pens and answer their own sheets.
- We have replaced quiz segments that do not comply with current legislation with others that do meet those requirements.
To ensure our staff are up to date with the latest Covid-19 guidelines which include to:
- Follow current social distancing guidelines to protect yourself and others.
- Follow current appropriate hygiene guidelines on handwashing, hand sanitising, disinfection of equipment.
- Not come to work if experiencing cold/flu symptoms including fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue, or shortness of breath. All staff with those symptoms have been advised to seek appropriate medical care.
You are responsible for your conduct and ensuring that you comply with these terms and conditions:
- Ensure that our hosts are provided with a healthy, safe environment.
- Ensure compliance of all Covid-19 safe work rules (social distancing, hygiene, cleaning etc) for your state.
- If you have any concerns regarding the host, please contact your state rep.
- Notify QM of any suspected or confirmed cases, should they arise
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
We will provide the quiz with reasonable care and skill. However, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage in the following cases:
- If we are unable to provide our quiz to you due to any reasons beyond our control;
- For any loss you suffer when taking part in our quiz, to the extent permitted by law; or
- For loss or damage (including personal injury whether or not resulting in death) suffered by punters, your staff, the Quiz Meisters host or any other persons present at the quiz arising from any acts or omissions in the course of the performance of the quiz.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & ASSETS
The weekly Quiz Meisters quiz (including all formats) remains our property. You must not share our property with any third party, or present, use or otherwise pass off our property as yours without express written consent from us to do so. We ask that you do not use our A/V equipment without our knowledge or permission. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need, or would like to, use our A/V equipment.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
As a company we would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have regarding our services. In signing these terms and conditions, you agree to take reasonable steps to resolve any dispute that may arise by emailing us at email@example.com and informally outlining the issues you have. We will also take reasonable steps to resolve this dispute informally.
Furthermore, you agree to resolve any claims relating to our provision of services, and these terms and conditions, through the use of mediation or arbitration. This agreement ensures that we both utilise alternative dispute resolution mechanisms before resorting to formal litigation.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. If a change meaningfully alters these terms and conditions, we will notify you.