TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR CORPORATE EVENTS
By submitting your details through our online booking system, you hereby explicitly agree to these Terms and Conditions and confirm that you have the appropriate authority within your organisation to agree to such Terms and Conditions.
ABOUT A QUIZ MEISTERS QUIZ
A Quiz Meisters quiz can vary in length according to the quiz, the crowd and the event. A Quiz Meisters quiz usually runs for approximately 2–2.5 hours, or 1–1.5 hours for our online events; however, different quizzes/quiz times are available upon request. Please let us know if the quiz time needed for your event changes. If your event/quiz runs longer than expected (at the fault of the organiser), you will be charged $154 an hour (charged in $77, half-hour increments). If this is the fault of the host, there will be no extra payment needed.
We will use our best endeavours to:
- provide the quiz with all the skill, care and diligence to be expected from a qualified, competent, and experienced quiz provider;
- ensure that the quiz is carried out by our employees or agents who are properly trained, experienced, and accredited to run the quiz;
- act in your best interests in connection with these terms and conditions;
- and provide the quiz in a timely and efficient manner, and meet all reasonable deadlines set by you, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
PREPARATION PRIOR TO THE EVENT
Quiz Meisters will arrange for a trained Quiz Meisters host to contact your event’s organiser three days prior to your quiz to discuss the format of your quiz, audio/visual (A/V) requirements, and to just say g’day. If a physical event, your host will arrive at the quiz venue an hour before the quiz and/or event is due to start to set up the A/V equipment and do a sound check. Your host will present the quiz and mark the answer sheets as the quiz progresses (as part of our COVID-Safe measures, teams may need to mark their own sheets). If an online event, the host will open the event 15 minutes prior. Our hosts are a fun bunch, but we have trained them to present professionally, as they are the face of Quiz Meisters. Quiz Meisters will provide the quiz questions, physical or online answer sheets, pens and all A/V gear needed (please see below).
You are responsible for your conduct and ensuring that you comply with these terms and conditions. In particular, you must:
- cooperate with us as we reasonably require; provide the information and documentation that we reasonably require;
- on request, make available to us such facilities as we reasonably require;
- ensure that our staff, employees and contractors are provided with a safe working environment;
- ensure that your staff and agents cooperate with and assist us;
and ensure that:
- the use by us or any person authorised by us of any material will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any person or give rise to any obligation on our behalf (or any person authorised by us) to pay compensation or royalty to any person;
- the information and material provided by you to us is accurate and true.
Should any aspect of your event, or what you require from us or the quiz we have been instructed to give, changes then please let us know as soon as possible. It is a good idea for you to organise prizes for the first, second and third place winners in the quizzes, and a wooden spoon is always a good idea for the team that comes last. There are a handful of games included in the quiz and we also recommend that you supply prizes for these. We shall notify you of the number of games that will be included in your quiz. Please advise us as soon as possible if you are expecting more than 180 people to attend the quiz. Our standard A/V equipment may not be appropriate and we may require you to make alternate arrangements with a third-party audio/visual company.
CHARGES AND PAYMENT
We shall issue our invoice for your quiz within 7 business days of the quiz, barring any unforeseen circumstances. If the venue for the quiz is more than 50 minutes’ travel from the CBD, then we shall charge a small travel fee. For events held more than 1.5 hours away from the CBD, we will contact you with a quote for regional travel. If the venue for the quiz is within the CBD then:
- If the start time for the quiz is before 5.00pm, then our Quiz Meisters host will arrange their own parking and the cost of such parking will be included in our invoice.
- If the start time for the quiz is after 5.00pm then our Quiz Meisters host will require you to arrange for them to have a car parking space for the duration of the quiz. If a car parking space cannot be arranged then we shall charge a flat fee of $22 for car parking and this will be included in our invoice.
You must pay our invoice within 7 days of its issuance. We accept payment via cheque, EFT, cash, or credit card. Please note: if you are paying by credit card, there is a surcharge of 1.85% for domestic cards including Visa, MasterCard and AMEX. This is automatically added when you pay your invoice through our online payment service.
If your event is booked for a public holiday, you will incur a 15% public holiday surcharge.
A non-refundable $100 deposit will be required at time of booking. The booking will not be confirmed until the deposit is paid.
If your event is not going ahead, please provide us with as much notice as possible in writing. If you cancel your booking after the deposit has been paid, the deposit amount will be retained as a cancellation fee. There is no additional cancellation fee. If you have requested any additional custom content for your quiz you will be charged 100% of the custom content costs (on top of the $100 non-refundable deposit).
Very infrequently, a client falls into arrears. In this case, Quiz Meisters will make every effort to advise you if you are in arrears via email and/or phone to arrange payment of the outstanding amount. If payment has not been made within 90 days following the issuance of our invoice, we may have no alternative but to refer the matter to a debt collection agency. Should your account end up in arrears with no response or communication to Quiz Meisters/Sheepoll, then your account will be referred to our Debt Collection Agency. You will then incur an additional charge consisting of all costs required to engage such services to our successful recovery on all fronts.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
We will provide the quiz with reasonable care and skill. However, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage in the following cases:
- If we are unable to provide our quiz to you due to any reasons beyond our control;
- For any loss you suffer when taking part in our quiz, to the extent permitted by law;
- For loss or damage (including personal injury whether or not resulting in death) suffered by punters, your staff, the Quiz Meisters host or any other persons present at the quiz arising from any acts or omissions in the course of the performance of the quiz.
QUIZ MEISTERS’ INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY & ASSETS
The Quiz Meisters quiz (including all formats) remains our property. You must not share our property with any third party, or present, use, or otherwise pass off our property as yours without express written consent from us to do so.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
As a company, we would like the opportunity to address any concerns you may have regarding our services. In signing these terms and conditions, you agree to take reasonable steps to resolve any dispute that may arise by emailing us at email@example.com and informally outlining the issues you have. We will also take reasonable steps to resolve this dispute informally. Furthermore, you agree to resolve any claims relating to our provision of services, and these terms and conditions, through the use of mediation or arbitration. This agreement ensures that we both utilise alternative dispute resolution mechanisms before resorting to formal litigation.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. If a change meaningfully alters these terms and conditions, we will notify you.